- concert performance only
- minimum of 2 selections, maximum of 3
- provide numbered, original scores
- though not required, most groups choose music from their state-approved lists
- formal OR informal dress
- Groups may enter for ‘no rating’ or for divisional ratings.
- Cancellation before March 15–lose commitment fee only
- Cancellation after March 15 & prior to the day 2 weeks before the event–50% refund of festival fees.
- Cancellation within 2 weeks of event–no refund
- Catastrophic/act of God Circumstances: After non-refundable expenses have been paid there will be a partial refund of the ‘festival’ fees.
Awards at High School sites:
- Great High School Auditoriums
- Trophies for all groups
- One Grand Champion Award from each category: Middle School/Jr High Band, Middle School/Jr. High Orchestra, High School Band, High School Orchestra.
- Audio CD
- Highly acclaimed adjudicators
Late Arrival at Site:
- warm-up time will not be extended past originally scheduled time.
- if arriving too late for warm-up but still having stage time, go directly to the stage and perform without warmup; but not past original scheduled end time.
- OR, warm-up and perform at the end of the day
- Chairs and Stands, Podium, Tuner, Metronome
- 4 timpani, bass drum, gong, chimes, xylophone, marimba, vibraphone (no extension cord), bells, acoustic piano
- Bring your own sticks, beaters, mallets, ALL cymbals, snare drums and anything else not listed above.
- Ovation Festivals does not allow the use of risers.